Saturday, October 8, 2011

Puppy Love

by Jennica Butiong

Puppy Love? Are those puppies in love? Of course not! Well, have you felt something different that makes your heart beat faster, even at a young age? Hmmm... That’s really something.


    I can’t help falling in love with you.... that’s a famous line from a famous song. It never runs out of melody and is always remembered by everybody especially when they are in love. Let me share to you one great story of love by my friend, well, it’s just a typical love story, boy meets girl, and then they fall in love. Puppy love....those were the words from his mouth. He met the girl at a very young age, they came from the same town, they do a lot of things together, they play, they talk, they dance, they paint, the boy knew that he was happy being with the girl. Aha! So that’s what you call puppy love? Falling in love at a young age. Do you still lover her now? The moment that was full of happiness and reminiscing turned into sadness and some kind of silence was present. He could not utter a single word and could not look at me straight in the eyes. I knew that there’s a problem. At last! He answered! Well, she’s my friend, just a friend. I chose being a friend, in that way I cannot lose her; I don’t want to lose her. Besides, I got you guys so there’s nothing to worry about. After that, I can still feel that there’s something wrong, I can feel, he’s not complete, he’s not as happy as everyone is, just because, she’s missing.....

    All of that came from puppy love..... I admired my friend for being strong even though I know he’s pretending. It caused so much pain in him, but still he manages to smile, he still has that positive outlook in life. He makes life easy for him, for his own sake and for the sake of other people.

    The next day, I went to their house and I quickly went upstairs to check on him and what is this that I saw..... Old pictures and art work. I asked him, “What’s this?” and he said, “The past.” From that moment, I then realized that it’s really putting a large burden on him. If I were him, I would’ve burned all of those memories because I know one way or another, those things would hurt me. I placed my hand on his shoulder, “It’s now time to love yourself.” He just gave me a smile and said, “I already did.”

    Puppy love....why does it have to be so hard to get over it? Why is it so significant? Puppy love...That’s really something.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Hostgator Discount Code