Saturday, October 8, 2011

Demi Lovato tells critics to ‘get over it’



by Katrina Buganan

Demi Lovato told critics to “get over it” after she showed off her fuller figure at the MTV Video Music Awards.

The former Disney star looked amazing as she walked the red carpet at the Nokia Theatre in LA during the 2011 MTV Video Music awards, but as soon as she walked on stage, she was an instant trending topic on Twitter because of her weight gain.

The Camp Rock sensation immediately defended herself by tweeting: "I've gained weight. Get over it. That's what happens when you get out of treatment for AN EATING DISORDER."

The teen superstar later deleted the comment and replaced it with a more positive message: "Guess what, I'm healthy and happy, and if you're hating on my weight you obviously aren't."

The La La Land singer spent time in rehab last year to receive treatment a range of emotional issues, including self-harming and an eating disorder. Lovato was bullied as a child, and it developed into a longtime eating disorder. In an interview with 20/20 earlier this year, Lovato admitted: “I was compulsively overeating when I was eight years old. So I guess, for the past 10 years, I’ve had a really unhealthy relationship with food.”

Lovato told Hollyscoop: “I left school when I was 12 years old. It was too much for me dealing with the cattiness of the cliquey girls and things like that.”

Because of her past, Demi has become an activist for bullying prevention.

“The best advice I can have is using what you love as motivation to go farther in life. When you put your energy in positive things you succeed. Even if It doesn’t have to do with success you just become a happier person and your stronger; that is all that matters.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Hostgator Discount Code