Saturday, October 8, 2011

We Were Splashed: A Binan, Laguna summer getaway at Splash Island

by Jennica Butiong

“Whoa! It’s summer time! No school work to think about! No responsibility to take over, malayo sa diskusyon at ingay! It’s time to unwind and spend my time counting sand, or maybe looking at ooh-lala bodies wearing their comfortable swim wear and summer attire.” Those were the words that came to my mind last summer vacation.

    Well, what would one think about when if they heard the word, summer? I bet it would be beach, water, sun, heat, perfect henna tattoos and fun! That’s what I think of when I hear the word summer!
I experienced all of these at Splash Island in Binan Laguna. It was a lot of fun, a lot of laughter and a lot of hotness all over the place.

Let me start with our way there, we left at 6 am in the morning. We came from Batangas, my hometown; I decided to be on my uncle’s car with my cousin while mom, dad and my siblings rode our car. We talked a lot about the place, it seemed like we were so excited that time, we talked about where to go first, what outfit should we wear and we are imagining ourselves riding on Magellan’s drop!

    As we talk about each and every bit of our excitement, the time has come, we arrived at Splash Island. At the entrance gate, there are a lot of people, kids, men, women, teenagers but only one thing is one their mind and that is to enjoy the heat of summer! To unwind and have fun! As I enter the gate of Splash Island, my excitement rose up and I want to swim already! We first looked for a cottage for us to stay in. After looking for one, there we go! We first went to The Curl of the Orient, wherein we are relaxed with big salbabidas that we got, we are caressed by the flowing waters, but laughter is still there. Next stop is the Agos Grandes, it’s like a big pool with big waves, its machine generated, I had a lot of fun in this attraction. As you go nearer the waves, the more that you will be carried away, so I consider this as a battle with the waves, it’s a lot of fun! Really!


Next stop is the Big Bamboo, why Big Bamboo, the slide was constructed like a bamboo, its colour green. You have to get your salbabida and ride on it, yes! Ride on it! And you will be splashed into the water as you went through the slide of the Big Bamboo! It’s frightening at first but after trying, you still want more tries! We never stop exploring, we never stop going to attractions! Next stop is the Dos Supremos, in this attraction, you go with pairs! My pair is my cousin, Kat, we took the salbabida from the first floor and we need to get it up on the 3rd floor and wow, there are big stairs first before the third floor. We have to experience this attraction or else it’s not complete, with all our strengths we carried the salbabida up to the third floor, and whew, we did it! We had 3 tries on this attraction. Ooppps! It’s Lunch time, we went back the cottage to take our lunch, my father bought food inside the resort, we had a hearty meal, a meal inside the banana leaf! Burp! After our meal, we went to the tattoo stall, actually this is really my main goal last summer, to have a perfect henna tattoo! I decided to put my tattoo on my right hand, the one in line with the middle finger, the design is simple, just a tribal design from the booklet!

    Truly, my summer had been a worthwhile experience, especially when it is spent most with my family. I will not hesitate to go back to this place. I experienced the cool blue skies, the warm burning floors that my sole felt. We were truly splashed with FUN AND HEAT at Splash Island in Binan, Laguna.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Hostgator Discount Code